- Ascending triangles are considered a continuation pattern, as the price will typically breakout of the triangle in the price direction prevailing before the triangle. Although, this won't always occur. A breakout in any direction is noteworthy.
- A long trade is taken if the price breaks above the top of the pattern.
- A short trade is taken if the price breaks below the lower trendline.
- A stop loss is typically placed just outside the pattern on the opposite side from the breakout.
- profit target is calculated by taking the height of the triangle, at its thickest point, and adding or subtracting that to/from the breakout point.