And so (high) ....
Here is an economist article on it, they have a chart with the budget balance.
I'll make some bullet points here too about inflation:
- The government robs wealth from the whole population to fund programs. Printed money isn't real money, you can't just print money out of thin air, they dilute the money supply making every one poorer except those that get the money first (banks and big stock holders in the USA, France and the UK in Germany)
- It snowballs and ends up making the whole country poorer
- Politicians and even emperors have been doing it so many times over the last thousands of years. IT. HAS. NEVER. WORKED.
- The people hurt first are savers, people with fixed income (anyone that works), taxpayers (every one) since you will move to a high tax bracket while not really making more
- People that don't work and get free stuff are happy at first (remember, koko the gorilla...), and then once the government can't support them no more they starve to death (well done), a "condescending tone" is the least of their concerns
- The wealthy, the entrepreneurs are not going to bother building anything, they'd rather speculate, look for valuable assets that won't depreciate (as much). Can be real estate (hey even the Venezuela government did that, in particular with exiles homes), foreign stocks, gold (hey even the Venezuela government did that), cryptocurrencies like bitcoin in zimbabwe (hey even the Venezuela government did that)
- If no one makes stuff then there is no stuff. You cannot legislate it into existence. This is painfully obvious what isn't is the process in which it destroys a country, what I attempted to list here. Crazy money printing to offer "free stuff" always ends badly. Every single time.
Here is a nice little essay on Bernie Sanders senator page, it's from 2011:
Ahem, ahem, *clears throat*, I quote:
"These days, the American dream is more apt to be realized in South America, in places such as Ecuador, Venezuela and Argentina, where incomes are actually more equal today than they are in the land of Horatio Alger. Who's the banana republic now?"
As you know, Bernie is pro "free stuff", and never had a real job. Therefore it is no surprise that he still has not delete that page, gee, that's alot of hard work! 😉
Bernie Sanders, praising Venezuela & Argentina in 2011. Nice. And then during his campaign for 2020 he was saying "I'm not thinking of Venezuela and Argentina those are bad places". Maybe Bernie has lost his memory like sleepy Joe? He praised the Soviet Union, then he pretended he never did, then he praised Venezuela and Argentina, then he pretended he never did, then he praised Europe ... Eu... OH MY GOD WE ARE NEXT WE ARE DONE FOR!
Oh this Bernie. I will make an idea with his finest quotes, I promise.
Here is a fine picture of Chavez holding hands with Michael Moore the american feminist andit white man pro free stuff filmmaker. Maduro is walking next to them.
Moore can't pretend he wasn't there😉
Short sell any country that promises free stuff.
Part 3 could be debt spending (stealing money from future generations) and part 4 government spending in general, regroups all 3 parts.