Nifty Long Term View (AUGUST 2019)

NSE:NIFTY   Nifty 50 Index
Keeping it simple, long term supports and resistances are marked in the chart.

The selling pressure is high as foreign investors are pulling out of the Indian markets and the government acting against the market's expectations among other reasons. The sentiment is bearish . If nifty breaks the current uptrend, then we're looking at 10500/9950. In case of a currently unlikely reversal, we're looking at targets of 11750/12100.

As of now, we're at a deciding level and I expect the markets to trend sideways in the short term before seeing any major developments in either direction.
Aug 01
Comment: Today was a nail biting day in the markets. Nifty temporarily breached its last line of support but managed to gain and respect it.

If Nifty manages to hold above 10980,the market can calm down and we can look to BUY.

However I have a strong reason to believe that in the coming few sessions, the market is going to test current support level to be certain of the end in selling before moving up. If Nifty falls through, then we're looking at next support levels as mentioned in the initial analysis.

Also, RBI will announce interest rates on the 7th of August. Given the current state of the economy, expectations are for them to be dovish. If they cut the rate, it'll be the fourth consecutive cut. My expectations are therefore in line with the market's.

As for Nifty, the worst seems to be over and if we get a favorable decision on 7th, I might say the selling should be off for now and then look to BUY.
Aug 01
Comment: One more thing, for the upcoming sessions, the resistance stands at 11150 which is the 200 DMA. Not expecting relief while Nifty is under.
Aug 04
Comment: Nifty breached major trend support.
Looking at 10700 & 10500 as next supports.
can we take puts or calls for this month
Nihit-Saxena VIVEKROHI99
@VIVEKROHI99, I expect the markets to break current support levels going ahead. In any case, a rebound right now is highly unlikely. Therefore I would be looking at puts for the month. Given that, I would still wait a few more days for market to consolidate before opening positions.
Home Stock Screener Forex Screener Crypto Screener Economic Calendar Shows How It Works Chart Features Pricing House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Charting Solutions Lightweight Charting Library Help Center Refer a friend Feature Request Blog & News Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Refer a friend My Support Tickets Help Center Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out