- Nifty is currently in territory
- Multiple potential support areas provided by Yellow Line, Green dark blue line
- Risk of Nifty trying to test the 13813 – 13765 unfilled gap zone
- we see a strong rollover of 78% in Index Position
- FIIs are Net 75% Long
Important levels for January 01 , 2021
Important support levels : 13935 / 13904 / 13882 / 13829
Important levels on the upside : 14036 / 14063 / 14085 / 14129
Strategy for January 7, 2020 weekly expiry
- Given the chart set up and data analysis, one may consider selling Nifty 13800 Put Option between 60-80 (Closing Price 64.75)
- Max profit potential in strategy Rs 4500/- to Rs 6000/- per lot till January 07, 2021
- More importantly, the strategy has an in built loss protection for a fall up to 13740-13720 till Jan 7, 2021
Any trading decision should be taken after assessing your risk management and if you are comfortable with the risk involved as against the reward potential it has.
Take care & safe trading...!!!
Hit the Like button / comment below if you find it useful
Follow for more such ideas
- The view expressed here is my personal view
- Past performance is not a guarantee for future predictions
- Use this for educational purpose
- Any decision you take, you need to take responsibility for the same
- It's your hard earned money. Treat it wisely
- Trade / Invest keeping in mind your trading style, goals and objectives, time horizon & risk tolerance
- if trading in F&O, understand that F&O trading involves risk
- Do take proper risk management measures
- Do your own analysis and consult your financial adviser if need be
giving ample opportunity to sell between 60-80
Both Call & Put options closed in negative territory... if you are looking to understand why it happened, just look at the Volatility index... It cooled off by 7.27%
Plus there is a time decay for Saturday and Sunday....
Our strategy to sell Nifty 13800 Put option between 60-80 works well. It gave ample opportunity to sell above 60 and has closed the day in profit for Option sellers at 35.05
13800 Put option
Consider selling 14200 Call option
Sold at 65
14200 Call option Sold at 45
The strategy is in profit of Rs 5613/-
I prefer strangle and iron condor strategy over straddles and Butterflies.
Some times I start with a plain vanilla Call / Put Short and then at a later stage convert it into a Strangle. I did that in LIC HSG counter in December month where it started with a 410 Call short (when LIC HSG FIN was at 380) and then when LIC did come down to 340 odd levels, we got good premiums to sell Put options as well and converted our position to Short strangle.
So yes, I do agree with you, one needs to observe, keep patience and wait for the opportune moment...!!!👍 😊
All the very best to you too for 2021....