Link to previous post
net buyers in . 19.2K contracts were bought worth Rs 1283 Cr .
- FIIs bought 8366 Long Contracts & squared off 10869 Short contracts.
- Retail clients squared off 2784 Long contracts & added 8177 Short contracts.
- Pro traders added 1063 Long Contracts & added 4408 Short Contracts
Option Data Analysis
- On the Call option front, FIIs added 10.4K Call Long & created 11.6K Call Short contracts
- Retail clients added 1.25 Lakhs Call long & created 80.6K Call Short contracts
- Pro traders added 16K Call long & created 59.4K Call Short contracts
Activity were seen at 9200 & 9300 Call option in early trade and at 9000 Call option in the last 1 hour.
- On the Put option front FIIs bought 10.5 Put Long & an equal 10.5K Put contracts were Shorted by them.
- Retail clients bought 40 .5K Puts & 28.05K Put contracts were shorted by them.
- Pro traders bought 7. 25K Puts & 19.75K Put contracts were shorted by them.
All in all, despite a positive figure by FIIs, they are still playing a second fiddle role, Pros are happy as their strategy to play for range bound movement worked well in today’s session - Both Calls & Puts closed in negative territory. And now Pro traders don't see much upside tomorrow and Retail participants looked likely to have scrambled for averaging their Call options. Averaging of Options just because price has fallen - it's a risky proposition.
Given the setup, Upside looks capped. (Market seldom favors the desperate )
We might be testing the lower range around 8800 as suggested yesterday
Resistance 8960 / 9030 / 9072
Important support levels on the lower side 8835 / 8796 / 8758 / 8720
Level of 8816-8835 can be very crucial and needs to be watched carefully.
Take care & safe trading....!!!
Take care & safe trading…!!!
Need we say any more...!!!
Last tick price 9016.60. (although closing price will be different as it will take the average of last half an hour of trade)
All is well that ends well.
A perfect day where we were able to catch the bottom support level and resistance levels worked to perfection with icing on the cake - getting the Nifty expiry closing price range...
Hope u guys enjoyed.
Do hit the Like button and comment below...
That's what will keep us going to do the hard work and keep posting more ideas...!!!
Good analysis. Thank you.
Could you please take a minute and explain how to distinguish between trades made by Retail and Pro ?