• ECB has kept its interest rates unchanged at 0.0% as widely expected and the marginal lending facility and deposit rate unchanged at 0.25% and -0.40% respectively.
• ECB tapers Asset purchase program (AAP) to 30 billion euros slightly dovish than expected. The puts a gentle dovish twist on assets purchase. It has reduced to half asset purchase and extended its duration.
• US Dollar index has shown a massive jump after breaking high of 94.27 yesterday. The index jumped till 94.87 and is currently trading around 94.81. The index is facing strong resistance at 95.25 (61.8% fibo) and any break above targets 96.51 level. It is currently trading around 94.81. The pair is facing major support near 93.75 (7- day MA) and any break below confirms minor weakness till 93.46 (55- day )/92.60 likely.
• Technically gold is facing near term resistance around $1274 (23.6% retracement of $1305 and $1265) and any break above will take the pair to next level till $1284/$1291. Overall continuation can be seen if it closes above $1300 (50- day MA).
• Gold’s near term support is around $1262 ( of $1204 and $1357.90) and break below will drag the commodity down till $1250.The yellow metal should close below $1250 for major trend reversal.
It is good to sell on rallies around $1283-85 with SL around $1290 for the TP of $1262.