How Crypto-Sticks Indicators Offer More Info!
Crypto-Sticks General Info
This series isnt polished 100%, and I have some more options I will add in the future. But for now, I want to just release them, as I am not sure when I will have the time to put more work into them (many other big projects I am working on).
Its basically reinterpretations of all your favorite indicators. I calculate the values a little bit differently than normal, but the end result is creating a chart (for the indicator!). Then I added the option to plot them as Heiken Ashi candles to smooth out noise and make signaling easier. I recommend using the indicator on this setting.
Lastly I implemented a Weighting system for them all which simply integrates into the formulas for these indicators. For the most part this feature is experimental and doesn't provide huge utility (yet - I have other ways I want to try it as well - just no time). Though on some of the indicators it already shows great promise.
Reasons why Crypto-Sticks differ from traditional line based indicators.
- Most importantly you're getting the full range of the indicators values. This means it goes lower during a drop , and higher during a pump than the line version would. This allows you to push you OB/OS zones further out to the extremes catching better entry/exit (also relates to divergences below).
- The heiken ashi option (which doesnt repaint) allows you to see the overall trend changes in the candle sticks the same way as it does with price, by smoothing noise. This allows for decent strategy creation i.e. enter on 2nd green, exit on 2nd red for instance.
- The weighting option (which isnt great for all these indicators i have to work on it more) normalizes and then introduces that value into the calculation. Only when spikes in either direction will the be proportionately affected. Will be tweaked more in the future.
- The since they give a large high/low range for the output also allow you to catch divergences from price SO MUCH better - they are more obvious and can be detected earlier.
- For now you may have to adjust the overbought and oversold levels to suit the of the instrument you are working with (if the indicator is one with OB/OS zones). In the future I will implement a feature that does this automatically, but for now its manual.
Enjoying this series of indicators or find them useful? Please give me a like and follow! There are many more indicators to be released in this series, not to mention I post crypto analysis and other free indicators regularly.
Questions? Comments? Want to get access to an entire suite of proven trading indicators? Come visit us on telegram and chat, or just soak up some knowledge. We make timely posts about the market, news, and strategy everyday. Our community isnt open only to subscribers - everyone is welcome to join.