The Price Percentage Shaded Candles indicator (P%SC) is a technical analysis tool designed to represent price candles on a chart with shading intensity based on the percentage change between the open and close prices. This overlay indicator enhances visual analysis by providing a visual representation of price movement intensity.
How it Works:
The P%SC indicator calculates the percentage change between the open and close prices of each candle. It then determines the shading intensity of the price candles based on this percentage change. Higher percentage changes result in darker shading, while lower percentage changes result in lighter shading.
To effectively utilize the Price Percentage Shaded Candles indicator, follow these steps:
1. Apply the Price Percentage Shaded Candles indicator to your chart by adding it from the available indicators.
2. Configure the indicator's inputs:
- Specify the color for bullish candles using the "Bullish Color" input.
- Specify the color for bearish candles using the "Bearish Color" input.
3. Observe the shaded candles on the chart:
- Bullish candles are colored with the specified bullish color and shaded according to the percentage change.
- Bearish candles are colored with the specified bearish color and shaded according to the percentage change.
4. Interpret the shaded candles:
- Darker shading indicates a higher percentage change and stronger price movement during the corresponding candle.
- Lighter shading indicates a lower percentage change and weaker price movement during the corresponding candle.
5. Combine the analysis of shaded candles with other technical analysis tools, such as trend lines, support and resistance levels, or candlestick patterns, to identify potential trade setups.
6. Implement appropriate risk management strategies, including setting stop-loss orders and position sizing, to manage your trades effectively and protect your capital.
Note: The Price Percentage Shaded Candles indicator provides insights into the shading intensity of price candles based on percentage changes. However, it is recommended to use this indicator in conjunction with other technical analysis tools and perform thorough analysis before making trading decisions.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.