- Never use this indicator as standalone trading signal, it should be used as confluence.
- When the price is above the moving average this shows the bullish trend is strong.
- When the price is below the moving average this shows the bearish trend is strong.
- When the moving average is purple, the trend is bullish, when it is gray, the trend is bearish.
- Purple line for bullish trend and gray line for bearish trend.
- Custom formula combining an ATR and Hull MA to clearly indicate trend strength and direction.
- Unique approach to moving averages by taking the average of 3 types of MA's combined with custom ATR's.
How does it work?
1 — ATR value is calculated, then the correlation between the source and ATR is calculated.
2 — Signal value is calculated from the difference between the previous source and ATR values.
3 — Final value is being calculated using the following formula:
cor * target + (1 - cor) * nz(atr, target)
- Removed unnecessary old code.
- Fixed some minor issues with the calculations.
- Fixed correlation calculations.
- Added weight option.
- Changed weight default value.
- Added a time adaptive option which will make sure the MA is useable on lower timeframes.
- Fixed time adaptive calculations for higher timeframes.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.