The standard Stochastic buy/sell indications come from Stochastic crosses about the standard overbought/oversold zones (80/20). This does not always work and you get stuck in the OB/OS zones with a trend continuation. Utilising a second much longer length Stochastic, the "False BAR" (Black) indicates when it is unsafe to take Stochastic cross over trades. Where the false bar does not appear (aqua, no background highlighing), the overbought / oversold conditions of the Stochastic can be considered higher-probability reversal areas and thus trading opportunities.
- Added options to enable/disable False Bar lines and Stochastic trends.
- Added options to modify upper and lower limits of false bar Stochastic and trading stochastic trend.
- Added option to show the trading Stochastic as coloured Ribbon.
- Added name titles for all plots
- Added Background highlighting for False Bar.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.