🎯 This BOS(Break Of Structure) indicator build based on different MA such as EMA/RMA/HMA, it's usually earlier than pivothigh() method
when trend beginning, customer your BOS with 2 parameters now.
🎲 Indicator design logic
🎯 The logic is simple and code looks complex, I‘ll explain core logic but not code details.
1. use close-in EMA's highest/lowest value mark as SWING High/Low when EMA crossover/under,
not use func ta.pivothigh()/ta.pivotlow()
2. once price reaching EMA’s SWING High/Low, draw a line link High/Low to current bar, labled as BOS
3. find regular pattern benefit your trading.
🎯 there are 4 input properties in script, 2 properties are meaningful in 'GRP1' another 2 are display config in 'GRP2'.
- MA_Type: MA type you can choose(EMA/RMA/SMA/HMA), default is 'HMA'.
- short_ma_len: MA length of your current timeframe on chart
- show_short_zz: Show short_ma Zigzag
- show_ma_cross_signal: Show ma_cross_signal
🎯 BOS signal usually worked fine in high volatility market, low volatility is meaningless.
🎯 We can see that it performs well in trending market of different symbols, and BOS is an opportunity to add positions
🎯 MA Based signal is earlier than pivothigh()/pivotlow() method when trend beginning. it means higher profit-loss rate.
🎯 any questions or suggestion please comment below.
Additionally, I plan to publish 20 profitable strategies in 2023; indicatior not one of them,
let‘s witness it together!
Hope this indicator will be useful for you :)
demo message like "BOS Low, BTCUSDTPERP, 21122.6, 2023-01-16T06:33:00Z"
Note: set Trigger to once per bar closed to avoid mistake.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.