Unlike traditional indicators, the BTGR offers a unique perspective on market sentiment and asset valuation by juxtaposing two seemingly disparate assets: Bitcoin, the digital gold, and Gold, the traditional store of value. This article introduces an advanced version of this ratio, complete with upper and lower bands calculated using standard deviations. These bands add an extra layer of analytical depth, allowing for more nuanced trading strategies.
BTCUSD 12h bigger picture
The BTGR is rooted in the economic principles of asset valuation and market sentiment. Gold has long been considered a safe haven asset, a place where investors park their money during times of economic uncertainty. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is often viewed as a high-risk, high-reward investment. By comparing the two, the BTGR provides insights into the broader market sentiment.
- Risk Appetite: A high BTGR indicates a bullish sentiment towards riskier assets like Bitcoin.
- Market Uncertainty: A low BTGR suggests a bearish sentiment and a flight to the safety of Gold.
- Asset Diversification: The BTGR can be used as a tool for portfolio diversification, helping investors balance risk and reward.
**How to Use It**
Setting Up the Indicator
- Platform: The indicator is designed for use on TradingView.
- Time Frame: A 480-minute time frame is recommended for more accurate signals.
- Parameters: The moving average is set at 200 periods, and the standard deviation is calculated over the same period.
Long Entry: Consider going long when the BTGR crosses above the upper band.
Short Entry: Consider going short when the BTGR crosses below the lower band.
Note: Due to the issue that the number of trading is less than about 100 times, the corresponding strategy is not allowed to publish.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.