I use this script daily so I thought it might help some of you guys out!
WHAT IS THE SCRIPT
This script can show two custom trading sessions and up to three specific dates and hours to keep in mind while trading (for example a news release).
WHY USE THE SCRIPT
My trading plan tells me to trade from 08:00am to 10:00am (GMT+1) and not to let open trades during a high impact news release, this script allows me to show my trading session and mark the news releases on the chart before trading so I don't forget about them while in the heat of trading.
HOW TO USE THE SCRIPT
It is very straightforward:
How to set up the TRADING SESSIONS:
- Tick the trading sessions that you want to use (one or two)
- Specify the trading hours
- Choose the color of the trading sessions
- Choose the color to fill outside of the trading sessions
- Choose the time zone (GMT, GMT+1, UTC, UTC+2...)
How to set up the NEWS MARKERS:
- Tick the news markers you want to use (up to three)
- Specify the date and hours of the news
- Choose the color of the news markers
- No need to choose the time zone, it will use the timezone of the chart
PS: As you can see in the settings, each session and news marker can have their own color
I hope this helps you out as much as it helps me! If you have any recommendations I would be glad to hear them :)
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.