This is a manual profit and loss tracker. It takes the user's manual input of total cost and quantity, and then outputs a table on the bottom right of the chart showing the profit or loss %, average purchase price, gross profit or loss, and market value.
1. Double click the indicator title at the top left of the chart
2. Select the "Inputs" tab and click the empty field next to "Symbol" to enter the traded symbol+exchange. This entry MUST be the same as the chart you are on, for example BTCUSDT/BINANCE (indicator will not display otherwise)
3. Enter the Total Cost and Qty of shares/coins owned
4. Optional - change positive or negative colors
5. Optional - under the "Style" tab, change the color of the average price (AVG) line
Note that for the average price (AVG) line to be shown/hidden you must enable/disable "Indicator and financials labels" in the scales settings.
For crypto or other tickers that have prices in many decimal places I would suggest, for the sake of accuracy, adjusting the decimal places in the code so that for prices under $1 you will display more info.
For example let's say you purchase x number of crypto at a price of 0.031558 you should change the code displaying "0.00" on line 44 to "0.000000"
This will ensure that the output table and plotted line will calculate an average price with the same number of decimals.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.